From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4492 and PXIe-4430 Channels and Sampling Rate

I'm interested in using a PXIe-4492 module for measuring several inputs. Specifically, I would like to read in a signal from two accelerometers and six strain gauges. Since the module has 8 inputs, will it be capable of measuring each of these devices? What is the sampling rate of the module?

I am also looking into using a PXIe-4430 for measuring the voltages generated from the strain gauges (after the signals have been amplified). The PXIe-4430 has 8 channels as well. My understanding is that it should be able to read the signal from six different strain gauges, since there will be six input voltages and each of the strain gauges can be connected to a common ground. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,786 Views)

Hi there,

The PXIe-4492 is great for the acceleration measurements. The device does have 8 inputs which can all be used at the same time to simultaneously sample sensors. It can sample data at a rate of 100 S/s to 204.8 kS/s. I wouldn't recommend this device for strain gauges, though. It doesn't have the excitation lines that you'll probably need.

The PXIe-4330 is a better choice for strain gauge measurements. It has 8 channels that can be simultaneously sampled, so you can use this for your 6 strain gauges. It's also designed for bridge measurements, so it has the required excitation lines available for each channel.

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,743 Views)