From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4331 Vch input impedance?

What is the input impedance of the Vch measurement amplifier?

I am interested in measuring a very high (100M-ohm+) resistance full bridge and I'm concerned a typical 1M-ohm input impedance will load the bridge but I can't find the specification in the documentation anywhere.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,667 Views)

From what I can see, NI does not specify the input resistance of the 4331.

What Voltage range are these measurements going to be in?

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
Message 2 of 6
(2,632 Views)

I prefer the lowest voltage, so that my digitizer resolution is as high as possible.  But one thing I saw which I thought was odd was the Vex "minimum current" at 29mA, which suggested my resistances are too high to work anyway...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,623 Views)

What resistance values are you using? Do you already have a 4331 on hand you are looking to use, or are you spec'ing a system?

Chase
Message 4 of 6
(2,609 Views)

I'm intending to use 1M-ohm resistances.  And I have ordered a system, but may need to return it if it is not suitable.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,600 Views)

I think this question would be better answered by a service request. Could you create one from your online account or call in so we can work a bit more efficently?

Chase
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,583 Views)