From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4145 aperture time and calibration in NI-DCPower

Solved!
Go to solution

The manual for the PXIe-4145 says that the aperture time must be set to 2 PLCs. However it also says that this value can not be set in DCPower soft front panel. How can I set this value? Do I need to create a Labview program just to set this one value?

Thanks!

TimTimTim_0-1586436547254.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,045 Views)

Correct, you'll need to write a program in LabVIEW or LabWindows/CVI to run the full calibration.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,015 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TimTimTim

I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do. Are you trying to externally calibrate the PXIe-4145? That requires function calls that cannot be done entirely within the Soft Front Panel (e.g. niDCPower Initialize External Calibration, for starters). Or are you trying to calibrate something using the PXIe-4145?

Note that newer versions of NI-DCPower (18.0 and newer) install InstrumentStudio (on 64-bit Windows OSes) as a replacement for the Soft Front Panel. InstrumentStudio does allow you to configure the Aperture Time.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,012 Views)

I am trying to take measurements at this time. I assumed from the manuals text that for any measurement the aperture time should be 2 PLCs. I did not realize that Instrument studio did not count as a "Soft Front Panel" Setting this through the Instrument panel should solve me issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,006 Views)