PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-4112 PPS output shorted after OUT = OFF

Hello,

I observed some strange behavior of PXI-4112 PPS output (trough NI MAX):

- When PXI-4112 test panel is opened AND Output is OFF --> Out+ and Out- are shorted (checked by handheld DMM)

- When close test panel --> Out+ and Out- are NOT shorted.

So, why OUT control doesn't provide galvanic switch off ? Is this a normal behavior ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,353 Views)

Hopefully reviving this thread as I have a related question.  I'm looking at either this module or an RMX-4101 for our test application.  We have a requirement for rapid turn off similar to a sudden open circuit or a relay being opened.  Simply commanding the PPS to go to 0v from a higher setpoint (in the 12-28V range) isn't fast enough.

Are programmatic OUT = OFF commands for either of these devices opening an internal relay (or equivalent) and/or is the disconnecting fast (<10mS to transition to 0).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,121 Views)

This is a normal behaviour. When the output is set to OFF, it will go into sourcing 0V with ~2% current clamp of the last set current range. Since it is at 0V, you feel that there is short between the terminals.

NI DC Power has the Output Connected API for a relay based output disconnection. Not all NI instruments support this feature.

Please refer the below article,

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019OQ0SAM&l=en-PH

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,106 Views)