cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-2543 State

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm considering using PXIe-2543 as a switch. I have 4 inputs and need one output. Here're two conditions I would like this switch satisfy.

1. None of the inputs is chosen, and all of them need to be terminated by an open circuit. They cannot be terminated by the 50Ohm.
  2. One input is selected, and the other three are terminated by an open circuit.

Basically I'd like to know whether each port can be switched between connected and open(not 50OHm termination) and whether I'm able to disconnect all ports.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,353 Views)

Your requirement #1 cannot be satisfied but #2 is possible. You would need to take control of each relay to achieve the results.

https://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375773b.pdf

As per the manual, this is the simplified schematic of relay connections. You can come up with a lookup table of relay states to achieve your end results.

santo_13_0-1597672166872.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,261 Views)

Thanks Santhosh.

I guess then the main question is whether I've got control over all replays through the soft front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,247 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EmmaWeng

Yes, you can control individual relays using soft panel

1. Open Soft Front Panel
  2. Enable Changing relay positions under Options
    santo_13_0-1597936133161.png
    santo_13_1-1597936151917.png
  3. Under Relays tab, you can change individual relay states by double-clicking the relay position.
    santo_13_2-1597936198034.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,239 Views)

That's great!

Thanks Santhosh.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,235 Views)

Please mark the appropriate reply as a solution if it satisfies the purpose of this thread.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,222 Views)