From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 2525 INOP

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having troubles getting my PXIe-2525 card up and running. I am hoping I am doing something foolish. Below is a detail of my setup and my troubleshooting so far. I hope someone has a nugget of information that get me on the right track.

Setup:

Windows 10 64 bit PC

PXIe-1078 Chassis

PXIe-8360 MXI card (for communications)

NI-SWITCH 18.0

NI-DAQmx 18.0

I always boot the PXI chassis up before my computer.

Troubleshooting:

In the same chassis I was able to get my PXI-2530B and PXI-6513 cards up and running.

I am able to see the 2525 card in my device manager but it says windows has not associated a driver with it. Any attempts to manually link the driver have been unsuccessful.

I have tried to re-install NI-SWITCH by first uninstalling and then re-installing. I have tried to repair NI-SWITCH from within the add/remove programs.

I have tried to switch the card position in the chassis.

I am at a loss for next steps. Please chime in if you have some ideas...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Here are some snapshots of some points of interest...
ni_package_SS.pngni_max_SS.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,620 Views)

Dr_Edward_D4H:

Can you please try this-> https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC

If this doesn't work for me look like the card is faulty and would be better supported from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,597 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Dr_Edward_D4H

Just to follow up...I was able to get the PXIe-2525 to work. Previously I had been uninstalling and reinstalling NI Switch discretely. The uninstall and reinstall of NI Switch using the NI Package Manager did the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,596 Views)

I have had problems with the NI PXIe-2525 card as well for well over a year.

Most notably is the fact that it there is no support for simulation of this device in NI MAX. In other words you MUST have the physical card installed in a PXI chassis in order to create your NISE Virtual Device Route Groups prior to integration.

Also, even though it is reasonably plug and play with most NI devices, I have a brand new, almost fully loaded PXIe-1084 18 slot chassis connected to a PC with a new MXI bridge, and I also have a brand new PXIe-2525 card in slot 12.

Every other card in the chassis (including 4 Pickering devices using IVI drivers) is pretty much PNP (recognized) except for the new PXIe-2525 in slot 12.

It was recommended in a different blog that resetting the database in NI MAX + reboot the system would fix this. It did not.

Next, I am going to try and uninstall and then re-install NISE... using NIPM. The problem is I can't put the computer on the network.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(637 Views)