PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1085 - Flashing Green LEDs (Power/Temp/Fan)

I have a PXIe-1085 that is exhibiting odd behavior.  The chassis LED lights for Power, Fan, Intake Temp are all flashing green.  The rear fans are not showing any lights.  The fans are running at 100%.

The PXIe-1085 user manual does not mention a condition where all 3 would be blinking green.

I swapped the fan units, no change - the fans worked on the other PXIe chassis I swapped them into.

Any insight?  Cards all work in the chassis when running a controller with LabVIEW RT installed.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,630 Views)

Follow-up:

Something really wrong with the chassis, swapped out for another chassis and the fan controllers are working properly on the new chassis.  The original chassis with the LED issues would only run the fans at 100%, even swapping fan units.

I'm not sure if I will ever be updated on the cause as NASA took the other chassis away and is dealing with it.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,528 Views)

If you ever get the chassis back, you may attempt to do a firmware update of the chassis via MAX. It sounds like possibly one of the firmware images isn't running correctly and an update may resolve it.

Is it possible that the chassis lost power in the middle of a firmware update?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,504 Views)

I don't know - I suppose it is entirely possible, as I got the chassis out of storage and don't have the history on it.   I won't be seeing that chassis again in my office.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,495 Views)

We have the same issue here.

A broken chassis (power supply issue) so we moved the controller and all cards to a never used chassis and this chassis is working fine except that the Power/Temp/Fan LEDS as blinking green (not steady).

So we experience the exact issue as mentioned in this topic. The fans are always running at full speed so not tested at AUTO.

Please tell what is the explanation of 3 blinking LED's since it is not in the manual!

Thanks

Wouter

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,269 Views)

BTW, this is also a PXIe-1085 chassis (but a spare one in case of...).

Wouter

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,264 Views)

Internal error. You can try a MAX firmware update to see if that resolves your problem by reflashing the firmware images.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,258 Views)

Did you try updating the chassis firmware as suggested?  I don't have that chassis any longer to test out.  I never got a good explanation as to what the three blinking light meant.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,255 Views)

Had the same thing with a 1085 chassis, all 3 flash green and fan at max. Firmware flash worked and got it back working OK. Download the firmware and use MAX to flash, pretty easy.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,804 Views)

Hello-

We're having the same issue.  I downloaded PXIe-1085_fw_15_1_0f0.bin from ni.com, and I've copied it over to the system and selected update firmware, but when I proceed MAX gives and error that The uploaded firmware image is invalid or incomplete.  MAX 14.5.  Anyone know why I can't update the firmware?  Thank!

~John

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(1,762 Views)