PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1085 Chassis - need module to read resistances

I have a PXIe-1085 chassis which I need to find a module that will work for reading the Health Status output of a Boost Pump.  The pump has two outputs, Health Status A, and Health Status B.  This particular boost pump has the following health status outputs:

Health Condition: No Fault.  Health Status A output will have a resistance output of less than 100 Ohms, and Health Status B will have a resistance output of less than 100 Ohms.

Health Condition: Major Fault.  Health Status A will have a resistance output greater than 47,000 Ohms, and Health Status B will have a resistance output greater than 47,000 Ohms.

Health Condition: Intermediate Fault.  Health Status A will have a resistance output of less than 100 Ohms, and Health Status B will have a resistance output greater than 47,000 Ohms.

Health Condition: Minor Fault.  Health Status A will have a resistance output greater than 47,000 Ohms, and Health Status B will have a resistance output less than 100 Ohms.

What module should I use that would work best for reading these outputs, and which pins on the module should I connect the Health Status A output and Health Status B output to?

I really appreciate any help you can provide me with this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,875 Views)

Hi Ghostie,

From your description of your application, it sounds like a Multifunction I/O module might be the most appropriate, but which one is going to depend on the exact specifications you need.  Some things to think about are the sample rate you need, how accurate the measurements need to be, as well any other measurements you'd like to make that might be combined into a single device to save on cost and space in your chassis.

The quickest way to get assistance in translating your application requirements into a module will be to call our sales team at (888) 280-7645.

Michael B.
Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,843 Views)