From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1078 PXIe-8100 connectivity issue

I am using PXIe-1078 chassis with PXIe-8100 RT controller. LabVIEW 2018 32 bits, and MAX 18.5.0f0. Windows 10.

The MAX could not find chassis under Remote Systems nor Devices and Interfaces.

Meanwhile, I connected the controller to an external monitor, mouse and keyboard in order to set up the system. However, the controller is not accessible. The screen is flash off (off very quickly less than seconds) so that I did not have enough time to operate or check. I reset the IP by controller switch, but did not work neither. 

Photos are attached for demonstration.
Is the hardware faulty? I suspect.
Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,187 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried to re-format it, perhaps using a USB drive? Here is a link with the steps to try:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LmISAU&l=en-GB

Regards,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,159 Views)

@RobGeografo wrote:

Hi,

Have you tried to re-format it, perhaps using a USB drive? Here is a link with the steps to try:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019LmISAU&l=en-GB

Regards,

Rob

Thanks, Rob.

Now, I can see the system in MAX software (under Remote Systems) and I have installed LabVIEW Real-Time 18.0 to the controller.

However, it is still empty under MAX>Remote Systems>Devices and Interface. I can not see my controller and chassis. 

How can I find my device please?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,127 Views)

problem solved. I installed NI-VISA Server 17.5 to the controller, and now both chassis and controller can be found under Devices and Interfaces branch.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,122 Views)

Hi,

I am glad the issue is now solved. Would you mind to mark your answer as correct?

Best,

Rob

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,118 Views)