PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 1075 losing registered trigger lines

I have created a large NXG project (NXG 3.1) that is designed to acquire data periodically for several months at a time. I am using a PXIe 1075, configured with 4, PXIe 6365 I/O modules (Slots 5, 11, 13, and 14) as well as several other PXIe 6739 AO modules and a 7820R FPGA. All of these cards are being used at once to control up to 96 devices and acquire data on 192 ADC channels from the 4, 6365 ADC cards.

On two separate occasions over a 6 month period that this system was running, the PXIe device caused an error that read:

Error -89125 occurred at lifetimeDataAcquisition

No registered trigger lines could be found between the devices in the route.

If you have a PXI chassis, identify the chassis correctly in MAX, and make sure it has been configured properly...

Source Device: PXI1Slot5

Destination Device: PXI1Slot11

This is strange because in both occurrences of this error, the acquisition software had been running with no issues for more than 2 weeks before this error occurred. After this error was thrown, the ADC readings came back as NaN for all 192 channels. Restarting Labview did not fix the issue, and the only way I could fix anything was by restarting the entire PXI. This is not an ideal solution because this means turning all of the devices off for a period of time while the PXI restarts, and we are measuring the operation lifetime of these devices so we would like to leave them on for the entire duration of the test.

Is there any way to either prevent this error from happening, or to programmatically fix the error so the code can continue running without having to be restarted?

Additional details:

Sampling of the 192 channels occurs once every 10 seconds, where 1000 samples are taken at 1 kHz and then averaged.

I have attached screenshots of the initialization function where all 192 channels are initialized into a single DAQmx task, and the acquire function where 1000 samples are taken at 1 kHz, averaged and then output.

This has been a problem I have been trying to solve for quite some time, so any help would be appreciated!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,505 Views)