PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1073 not detected

I'm trying to install a PXIe-1073 chassis on a new Dell system running Windows 7 x64.  I have the latest version of Labview, NI-DAQmx, etc.  The PCI express controller shows as properly installed in the Device Manager ("PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge").  The chassis and installed DAQ card are not detected in MAX.

I am actually transferring this system from an older computer.  I recall having exactly the same problem before, and I'm fairly certain I solved it by installing the "MXI-Express BIOS Compatability Software".  There was never any way to actually identify the "PXI System" as anything other than "External PC" even when it was working properly.

After installing the current version of the MXI-Express software, I rebooted and was able to load MAX briefly before Windows BSODed with an error involving "niraptrk.dll".  This proceeded to occur every time I tried to load Windows.  I was able to start in safe mode, but attempting to uninstall any NI software gave me an "error 1601".  I was finally able to load the last known good configuration and uninstall the software.

When I checked MAX again, the chassis was still unrecognized, but there were multiple broken entries for the DAQ card installed in it, so I assume it was detected at some point.  It looks like the MXI-Express software worked, but it's obviously unusable if it causes the computer to BSOD every time Windows starts.  Why is the computer unable to recognize the chassis without it?  What else can I do to solve the problem?

nidevices.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,764 Views)

Hello Bob_mcbob,

After looking over this issue, I think we have a problem with the Windows installer on your machine. I have found a KnowledgeBase about the Error 1601 stating that this is a Microsoft Windows installer error and that the installer will need to be reinstalled. The Knowledgebase explains how to do this.

As for the BSOD, do you have any more information that it provided when this occurred like the address line, etc? Did you do something in MAX before it crashed?

Since accessing MAX now gives you a BSOD, I think it would be best to uninstall/reinstall the drivers to fix the issue. What cards do you have in this system?

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
Message 2 of 3
(4,753 Views)

Forgot to put the link for the Knowledgebase. here is it.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,751 Views)