PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1073 connected but not detected by Device Manager or MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

As per title, I have a PXIe-1073 chassis with three PXIe-4143 cards connected.

The chassis is connected to my computer with the embedded MXI link.

Everything was working on an older computer (Win7 desktop, which has now died), but I am having issues with the new machine running Windows 10.

The link is there, as the computer correctly powers up and boots when I turn on the chassis, however when I try to use the NIDC-Power Soft Panel I do not see my three SMU cards.

Indeed, NI MAX does not see either the cards or the chassis.

The next step was to check Windows Device Manager; what I found online was that I should see a National Instruments SMBus Controller, but nothing was there. However, the PCI-to-PCI bridge shows up (only one) but does not have any errors (no triangle with exclamation mark).

I am unsure as to how to proceed now; the various solutions proposed in the forum or the Knowledge Centre seem to be unrelated to my situation (to me, at least).

I would like to avoid testing involving removing cards and modules from the chassis as both the computer and the PXIe-1073 are in a rack and are hard to access, but of course if that is the last resort I will do it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author i.demarco

i.demarco,

You may have enabled BIOS compatibility mode since you only see 1 bridge.  If so, you'd need to flip the DIP switch on your PCIe card or install the required driver.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/downloads/drivers/download.mxi-express-bios-compatibility.html#3311...

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,050 Views)

The compatibility software did the trick.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,045 Views)

The pxie chassis is not detected by lspci or lsni -v. the latter shows all required libraries installed like daqmx and pix services. Hardware config utility also does not detect. How to get around this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,634 Views)

@viswa99 wrote:

The pxie chassis is not detected by lspci or lsni -v. the latter shows all required libraries installed like daqmx and pix services. Hardware config utility also does not detect. How to get around this issue?

Please start a new thread. Troubleshooting the enumeration of an MXI system is on a case-by-case basis because using different host PC, chassis or peripheral modules will have different results. Kindly go through the steps in MXI-Express Compatibility and Connectivity Troubleshooting Guide

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,627 Views)