PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1073 chasis not detected & linked

Hello!

I have some problems with NI PXIe-1073 chassis (with PXIe-5105) detection in the MAX software. The host board is NI PCIe-8361. The desktop can detect the host board but not the chassis or PXIe-5105. (see attachment 1&2)

I have tried several methods but none of them work. (1) PXI is turned on before the computer (2) Tried BIOS compatibilty and flip 1 to ON, but still not work

The 8361 has two leds on and one led (cable link) off and the chassis link led is also off (see attachment 3&4), which would be the problem. Is the hardware broken? The host board? the chassis, or the cable?

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thanks a lot.

Ming

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,256 Views)

Ming,

There's definitely a hardware problem since you're getting a cable reset and no link.  I don't know whether the problem is in the card, the cable, or the chassis.  Do you have duplicates of any that you can swap in?

If not, I'd start by examining the cable and connectors.  In the past it was possible to plug in the connector upside down (the 'D' shell shape wasn't very pronounced).  Look at it on both ends and verify that you're plugging it in right-side-up. 

Another early problem was that some pins in the connector could catch on the cable pins and get pushed out the back.  Look on the back side of the PCIe-8361 connector pins to see if anything looks amiss (it should be pretty obvious when looking at the pins if that same problem popped up again).

If all of those check out then you'll probably have to send something in for repair.

Good luck,

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,248 Views)

Hello Ming,

have you solved your problem??

If yes, can you explain to me if this is a hardware problem or another thing? Because I have the same problem.

In fact, my PXI can connect in the first time (the link led=green) but when my computer is in mode stand by or it reboots I lost the connection (The link led=off).

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
CLAD // CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,996 Views)

Not yet. I will send the parts back to NI for repairing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,989 Views)