PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe-1065 Trigger lines

Hi all

I'm trying to acquire data on 7 PXIe-6358 boards. All these boards are put in a PXIe-1065 chassis which is connecte to a RMC 8354 throught a MXI 8360. In order to synchronize all boards togethet i use a PXI 6682H board which will generate a clock and a start trigger on two PXI trigger lines.

I made some test on a PXIe 1075 chassis and everything seems to work fine. I moved then on a PXIe-1065 chassis and now i'm having some problem when i try to acquire data on the 7 boards. When i have more than 5 boards, it seems at least one board doesn' receive either the clock or the start trigger.

Then trigger are configured in MAX to go through all 3 bus. When i configure only 5 boards (wherever in the slot) i works fine. But when i declare more than 5 boards i have the problem again.... It seems you cannot connect more than 5 boards to the trigger lines.

Does someone have an idea...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,114 Views)

Ok, i found the problem, it has nothing to do with the PXIe 1065 chassis.

In my application i use the PXI 6682H to generate the start trigger and a clock. The acquisition tasks are waiting for the trigger to start the acquisition. In my case when i switched the chassis, the PXI 6682H becomes a master (in the old configuration it was parameter as a slave). When it is configured as a slave i check that the board is synchronized with the master (this can takes a little time). When i am the master i doesn't wait (cause i am already synchronized). Therefore, in that case the start Trigger is generated before all instances of the PXIe-6358 are started, and they wait indefinitively the trigger ....

I modify the code in order to wait a certain amount of time (even if the PXI6682 is configured as the matser) , and now its works properly ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,101 Views)