cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI trigger level to low

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Any suggestions on how to trigger a camera digital input using PXI?

My camera has opto-isolated digital inputs and requires  3-25V input for min. 20 msec to turn high.

Power and digital I/O connection for A50/A70 and A400/A500/A700 (custhelp.com)

Right now I trigger the camera using PFI from waveform generator,since the trigger needs to set in relation to generated waveform, but this works only for 90% of the time, since the pfi level is too low (2.9VDC open).

I would prefer a fast switching solution, so no reed relays or additional optocoupling please.

Generator: PXI 5441

Digital IO(crazy connector) PXIe 6515 available

Matrix(reed) PXIe 2541 available

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(734 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Quiztus2

Do you want to avoid optocouplers for their propagation delay?

Any component in the path is going to add a propagation delay than having nothing. The question would be how much delay is tolerable. You need to convert the 0.2V-2.9V signal levels into CMOS levels (something like mc74vhc1gt126 with a TTL input and CMOS output with just 3.5ns prop delay at 5V)

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 3
(719 Views)

Thanks a lot, that one gave me headaches. Didn't know of their existence: Noninverting Buffer / CMOS Logic Level Shifter - TTL−Compatible Inputs

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(712 Views)