From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI to PXIe multiple chassis migration

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a more modern take on  this white paper (Getting Started with Multichassis Synchronization Using the NI PXI-6653 and the NI PXI-4472)? 

In my case, my current system uses 4472s for DAQ and 6652s for timing and triggering between multiple 1044/5 chassis, as described in the white paper. I am trying to build a similar multiple chassis system, but this time using a 1085 chassis, 4303 for DAQ, and 6674T for timing and triggering. Is there a similar paper that will hold my hand as much as the previous paper, only for PXIe systems? 

I think I can extrapolate from other sources (this one in particular), but I thought I'd query for an even more basic one.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,248 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KingWeasel11

Hello,

The same principles should apply. There's a lot on that document that can still be used.

This link below is not a white paper, but it an outstanding resource (essentially, it is an anecdotal note from someone who got away with it). It uses a star configuration, so the method may be an overkill depending on your synchronization requirements, and a star configuration will undoubtedly needs more resources than a daisy-chain like the one in the document you linked. However, it does a great job showing how to get the signals routing done, so even if you go for the daisy-chain, it should still be useful.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Random-Ramblings-on-LabVIEW/Synchronizing-Multiple-Chassis/ba-p/3486008

Does it help?

Camilo V.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(2,225 Views)

That'll do it! There are some details specific to my setup that I need to work out. Should I post my notes in this thread? I'd love to get some more eyes on this to keep me honest.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,217 Views)

Hello,

Glad to help! Posting here is fine!

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,214 Views)

My adventures continue in this post. I'm trying to figure out how to tell two chassis that they share a start trigger.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,186 Views)