PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI to PXIe multiple chassis migration

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a more modern take on  this white paper (Getting Started with Multichassis Synchronization Using the NI PXI-6653 and the NI PXI-4472)? 

In my case, my current system uses 4472s for DAQ and 6652s for timing and triggering between multiple 1044/5 chassis, as described in the white paper. I am trying to build a similar multiple chassis system, but this time using a 1085 chassis, 4303 for DAQ, and 6674T for timing and triggering. Is there a similar paper that will hold my hand as much as the previous paper, only for PXIe systems? 

I think I can extrapolate from other sources (this one in particular), but I thought I'd query for an even more basic one.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,252 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KingWeasel11

Hello,

The same principles should apply. There's a lot on that document that can still be used.

This link below is not a white paper, but it an outstanding resource (essentially, it is an anecdotal note from someone who got away with it). It uses a star configuration, so the method may be an overkill depending on your synchronization requirements, and a star configuration will undoubtedly needs more resources than a daisy-chain like the one in the document you linked. However, it does a great job showing how to get the signals routing done, so even if you go for the daisy-chain, it should still be useful.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Random-Ramblings-on-LabVIEW/Synchronizing-Multiple-Chassis/ba-p/3486008

Does it help?

Camilo V.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(2,229 Views)

That'll do it! There are some details specific to my setup that I need to work out. Should I post my notes in this thread? I'd love to get some more eyes on this to keep me honest.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,221 Views)

Hello,

Glad to help! Posting here is fine!

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,218 Views)

My adventures continue in this post. I'm trying to figure out how to tell two chassis that they share a start trigger.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,190 Views)