PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI throwing ni-scope errors since upgrade to 2012 - can't pin it down

Hi,

I just upgraded to LabVIEW 2012 and now the VI I have written is throwing intermittent errors when I try to initiate a scope acquisition. Currently the error reads

Error -238812 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

Internal Hardware Error occurred in MIG hardware. Please contact National Instruments Support.

but previously the error was shown at ni-scope-initialise. A reset of the whole system will usually allow me to make a couple of measurements but the an error similar to this always shows up again. I'm at a loss for what to do because the error keeps changing.

I'm using LabVIEW 2012 on a Windows 7 PC which is connected via direct ethernet to a PXI NI-8176 RT controller with a NI PXI-8176 scope card. Any ideas at all would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,606 Views)

Hello GlenS,

In order to best debug this error I would like to get some more information from you: 

1. What version of the NI-SCOPE driver do you currently have downloaded? (You may verify this in MAX)

2. Does the device pass the self-test in MAX? 
4. What is the model number of the Scope card you are using? (the 8176 will be the RT controller for this system) 
5. Do you only see the error when using this board? Do you have any other Scope boards in this system that are exhibiting the same behavior?
6. Have you tried this in a different slot? (the error seen should not be caused by the chassis but it never hurts to confirm that this error is consistent.)

If you can provide the information above, we may be able to better understand and troubleshoot the error you are receiving. 

Wes W
Application Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,585 Views)