PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI threadripper booting problem

Hi,

I have received my first PXI system few days ago and wanted to use it with my threadripper based workstation.

The PXI system uses remote controller (PCIe-8398 -> two MXI Express gen 3 x8 -> PXIe-8398).

When the cables are not connected, the PC boots correctly. NI MAX detected the PCIe-8398 correctly and device passes self test.

When the cable is connected the pc fails to boot.

The behavior does not change with the PXI expansion cards removed (the PXIe 8398 stayed in)

I have tried using the MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility tool, but it did not help (the PCIe 8398 was detected by the tool).

I have also tried different MOBO slots and it did not help although the BIOS behavior changed slightly.

has anyone had similar problems and found a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(838 Views)

Greetings  Luxex,

I would suggest following the steps mentioned in the link below, this might be helpful 🙂

MXI-Express Compatibility and Connectivity Troubleshooting Guide - National Instruments (ni.com)

Best Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUDOS are highly welcomed 😅

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(792 Views)

I have already went through it, did not help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(789 Views)

UPDATE:

I have been on call with NI engineer and after checking all other basic solutions, we did BIOS update which resulted in the system connecting correctly with PXI being properly detected.

the next time I tried turning the system on, it did not make it past POST like in the beginning.

There has been no NI answer about this as of now. 

I have also tried the chassis with another threadripper based system, which did not encounter any POST or BOOT problems, however the link between PXI and PC has not been successfully established

I'll keep You guys updated in case You encounter this wonderful behavior Yourself.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(774 Views)