From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI controllers with hypervisors

We just received an email that one of our product is reaching EoL so I am digging into future alternatives and I am quite confused on what is the update path for people that have been using a chassis which provided bot the windows environment and the real-time environment on the same chassis.

Has this product design been dropped?

As the hypervisor solution was perfect for small footprint systems, I cannot seem to find an alternative that provides the same rich UI/UX with deterministic control.

Has the compact all-in-one use case been dropped?

Please advise

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,443 Views)

Hey,

Generally there has been a move to use a small windows PC along side a real-time PXI rather then splitting  the PXI in half functionally. But the best optional for your case would be to call the local NI office and see what they can recommend for your use case.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,421 Views)

Hi,

NIJimbo is right, there was a shift like he mentioned.

To get the right suggestion what device you should use in the future I also recommend to call NI directly.

Best wishes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,415 Views)

Hi

I have a NI PXIe - 8135, we run both "Windows 7 64bit" and "LabVIEW Real-Time" operating systems on PXI.

I want to run both operating systems simultaneously on PXI. So in NI tutorial found that NI Real-Time Hypervisor for Windows software enables to run simultaneously (http://www.ni.com/tutorial/11801/en/ )

In this link in section "1. Factory Preinstallation" said this software is preinstalled, but I can't find in this path [ Start >> Program Files >> National Instruments>NI Real-Time Hypervisor Manager]

Then I decided to install it and found that  NI Real-Time Hypervisor 3.0 for Window software supports Windows 7

but I can't found Hypervisor patch version 3.0 (http://www.ni.com/en-rs/support/downloads/software-products/download.hypervisor.html )

Please help me how to run "windows 7" and "LabVIEW Real-Time" simultaneously on PXI?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,026 Views)

Unfortunatelly the NI Hypervisor is not supported anymore and will not be published because of that.

The Downloads are to patch your NI Hypervisor if you already have it installed but only for that case.

Work with NI Hard- and Software for about 15 years now.

Certified LabVIEW Developer & TestStand Developer/Architect

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,021 Views)