PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI configuration issues on Windows 8 system

I am using a PXI 1034e chassis on the Windows 8 system with Labview 12 (x64). My issue is that the PXI connects fine, but when the operator logs out and back in again later the PXI configuration is corrupted in MAX and I have to go into MAX and reset the database and reboot the computer to have it see the PXI chassis and it's card again. Anyone else have this issue or a fix?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(6,144 Views)

Hi,

What kind of chassis are you using again? Did you mean a PXI 1033 chassis? Also, are you Windows 8 or Windows 8.1?

Gabriel M.
Product Marketing Engineer - Academic Courseware
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(6,123 Views)

Oops I was a bit off on the model. It is a PXIe-1074 chassis.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(6,105 Views)

Hi,

Are you receiving a particular error message that you could post?  Or else how are you determining the PXI configuration is corrupted?

Also, the information about whether you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 would be helpful.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(6,092 Views)

It is still randomly occuring. When you run any instrument vi's they fail as the instrument handle is bad when the instrument disconnects. Max shows no PXI or Slot2 SwitchCard in the configuration and the corrupt database message comes up. I have to clear the database and reboot to clear the problem, but it is lost test time and getting annoying. I see niDAQ is up to 9.8 now? I'll try an update with that next. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(5,987 Views)

Do you know if the system is being switched off manually or is it always gracefully shut down?  I've seen several systems in the past get corrupted from shutting down systems by cutting power or holding down the power switch without telling windows to shut down.  

If this is the case their may be some settings that you can change in Windows and how it accesses the disk to prevent the corruptions.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(5,984 Views)

The last couple times it has occured with the computer being shutdown. It was left idle and automattically logged out is all. I have a suspeciation it might me due to that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(5,973 Views)

I do have NI-DAQmx 9.8 on the system ,so it has the latest version.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(5,969 Views)

You may want to disable write caching to see if that makes a difference.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable-disable-disk-write-caching-windows-7-8

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(5,952 Views)

I tried setting the Hard Disk Write cache to be disabled so it write immediately to the harddriver. This does not resolve the issue and the PXI configuration is still being corrupted and trashing the PXI setup info. So it is still an issue on Windows 8 and 8.1 systems.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(5,916 Views)