cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI compatibility

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have an ADLINK digitizer card for PXI,  and I would like to use it with National instruments PXI chassis. The model is PXIe-1082. Anybody knows if it would be compatible?

Thanks a lot,

Juan Luis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,323 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kerek

Hi Juan,

It should be assuming the card meets the PXI standards, I would recommend calling your local branch via www.ni.com/contact  and speaking to a sales rep, they may even be able to get you a loaner chassis for testing if we're still unsure.

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,315 Views)

Thank you very much. I will do it.

Juan Luis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,310 Views)

Hi Juan Luis,

If you are in the UK please call us on 01635 523 545 and we will arrange everything for you.

Regards, 

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,298 Views)

Hello

I have a simple question.

I have emailed support for some answers and have received some excellent advice. But I have some more questions and have decided to ask them here. We are in desperate need of upgrading many PXI racks with new controllers. Replacing several 8176 && 8186 controllers. We are considering the 8101 If we add the 780446-2048 2 GB DDR2 RAM for PXI(e) will this give us a total of 3GB or does the 2GB replace the 1GB on board ? Also we run projects compiled under CVI lab windows 7.1 .  Will there be any issues recompiling them with CVI V10.0.1. ?  We have lost a couple controllers in the past year. Finding replacements is expensive and counter productive. If we choose to upgrade on our own terms, then lost time will be at a minimum. Please offer any advice you might have.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,275 Views)

Hello,

One additional question. With the new PXI 8101 a serial port or two is lost. We currently have installed with each legacy controller a PXI-8422 serial card. When the test racks were delivered, they came with (2) DB9 adapter cables. We will need to use the other 2 ports available on each card. I have searched the NI website for over an hour. Can someone provide an active NI  part number for the 10P10C (RJ50) to DB9 male cables. I chased down some links and find it is a GPIB cable.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,271 Views)

Hi Rich_G,

The part number is 182845-1. I am not sure if this product is still available. You would have to contact a sales representative for that information.

Regards,

Josh Brown

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,247 Views)

Hi Rich_G,

My best recommendation would be to contact the branch direct about these queries. We will check which new controller best matches your requirements and explain what the upgrade process will be.

Kind regards,

Mahdieh G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,224 Views)