PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI Platform Services and VISA 3.3.1

I have a customer who is complaining about the two unidentified PCI devices listed in Windows XP Device Manager.  I understand this situation is caused by the bridges between the PXI bus segments on the PXI-1045 chassis I have connected.  I also understand that installing the PXI Platform Services software will correct this situation.

My concern is that the install of PXI Platform Services also attempts to install a newer version of VISA and NI-MAX.  For example, PXI Platform Services V2.1 tries to load VISA 4.0 and NI-MAX 4.1.

Is there a version of PXI Platform Services that is compatible with VISA 3.3.1 and NI-MAX 3.1.1?

I realize that these are old versions, but due to software configuration constraints, I can not update this software without re-certifying 250+ UUT Test Programs, which is time-consuming and expensive.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,040 Views)

Hey cmelo258,

I have some bad news for you, the oldest version that I could track down was Platform services v2.0.1.  It contained no readme, so I tried installing it and it tries to install VISA 3.5.1 and MAX 4.0.3.  Hopefully, someone else has better news for you.

ColeR
Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,010 Views)