PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-PCI8331 MXi-4 controller not recognised

Hi,

I am experiencing some problems installing a PXI-PCI8331 MXI-4 controller under Windows 2000.

After having installed LabView 7.1 and DAQ and DAQmx 7.3 and the software that comes with the PXI controller CD (NI-VISA), windows does not recognise the PCI controller card and asks for a driver. If I ask to the operative system to scan the CD from drivers, no driver is found.

If I open MAX, the PXI controller is unidentifyed. If I try to right click the mouse and select "Identify as...", MAX asks for a cntrller.ini file, that I am not able to find nor on the CD nor on the whole computer's filesystem (nor on the filesystem of a computer where such installation works properly).

The computer on which I am experiencing such troubles is a Dell Dimension 8100 (a P4 machine), with, as anticipated, MS Windows 2000.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andrea Borsic.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,210 Views)
Hi,
ok, here is what you should do when installing and configuring you MXI system.
Start without any board plugged into your machine.

1) Install all the software on your PC in this Order: LabVIEW first, then all the Drivers (DAQ and VISA). NI-VISA installs also MXI-4 support.
2) Reboot your PC
2) Power down your PC. Install the PCI-MXI-4 board and boot the machine. Start MAX and go to the PXI section. Right click and identify your system as "External PC".
3) Power down your PC. Install the PXI-MXI-4 interface into your chassis and connect the MXI-4 cable. Keep all other boards out of the chassis.
4) Power up your chassis first and then power up your PC. This step has the only purpose of checking the communication is working fine. If the Green leds are on, then its ok.
5) Shut down everything and plug in all the boards you have into your PXI chassis. Then again power up the chassis before you turn on the PC.

If you have any problem with any of the steps above, let me know and I'll see how to help.

AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,200 Views)

怎样和 PXI 8331连接,要用什么型号的电线,或DB9针的信号号的原理图有吗

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,603 Views)