PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI Invalid System Disk Boot Failure

Ok, I've installed A LOT of software anxious to get my PXI up and running. Now for the moment of truth and MAX can't even find my controller.

The console out of my PXI-8108 states "Invalid System Disk. Replace the disk, and then press any key". I've gone through the installation and troubleshooting guides for my chassis and my controller. I've unset and reset my controller and removed unnecssary modules/cables hoping the PXI will boot into RT. No luck.

The PXI-8108 user manual states that I can recover my OS by using the "Recovery CD included with your controller" [Document ID: 2ZKC02OK]. I did NOT receive any CD labeled "Recovery CD". I only received "NI PXI Platform Services" and "NI LabVIEW RT Target Software". How can I get my PXI to boot and why don't I have a Recovery CD??

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,497 Views)

Based on the content on your message, it sounds as if you are intending to use your PXI-8108 as a LabVIEW RT target.  To enable this feature, go into BIOS Setup, go to the LabVIEW RT tab, and set Boot Configuration to be LabVIEW RT.

After you change the setting and reboot, what you should see happen is that the system will attempt to load LabVIEW RT from disk.  If it's found, great.  If not, then the system will roll over into LabVIEW RT safe mode automatically.  This is the typical flow you would see a brand new system that has no software installed.  At this point, you should see that the system is in LabVIEW RT and either has an IP address assigned via DHCP, or an IP address of 0.0.0.0.  In either case, the system should now be visible in MAX and you can proceed with assigning an IP address and deploying the LabVIEW RT OS and driver software from MAX to your PXI-8108 RT target, all from MAX.

Also, regarding the Recovery CD you mentioned, that is a Windows OS recovery CD.  You would not have or need one unless you ordered a Windows OS on your PXI controller.

Regards,

JoshH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,487 Views)