From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-Card on a higher Slot causes bluescreens

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

i have an PXIe-1084 chassis with seven PXI-Cards installed. Last week i installed an eighth card (PXI-6514) at the eighth slot. After i switched the chassis on, my Laptop, which is connected via Thunderbolt to the chassis, crashes with a bluescreen.

I already tried:
- install all eight cards -> bluescreen

- install a different PXI-6514 -> bluescreen
- switch places with one of the old cards and the PXI-6514 -> bluescreen
- remove one of the old cards and install the PXI-6514 at the slot from the old card -> works
- remove one of the old cards and install the PXI-6514 at the ninth slot from chassis -> bluescreen
- check the current consumption of the cards -> far below of the limit of the chassis
- update NIDAQmx-Driver -> still bluescreen

So it seems evertime i install a PXI-Card in a higher slot then the seventh slot, i get a bluescreen. Its always the same bluescreen:

20201210_142419.jpg

Has someone an idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,386 Views)

are there any damaged pins on 8th slot of chassis?  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,342 Views)

Hi,

no, there are no damaged pins to see and i tried already the ninth slot with the same result...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,337 Views)

Have you tried to discover the system on a different laptop or update thunderbolt drivers on current one?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,314 Views)

Thanks for the clues.

I updated the thunderbolt driver -> still bluescreen
Tried another PC -> everything works fine....

So the problem has to be on my laptop. The pc was brandnew and i installed only the driver needed for the chassis and PXI-Cards, so maybe there are some driver on my laptop which causes the error. It is my development laptop, so there are a lot of driver and software on it.

Somebody an idea how to get the driver which causes the bluescreen?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,266 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MOBA-User

After some help with the NI Support, we found the problem.

If you connect your PXI Chassis via thunderbolt daisy chain, you will get the bluescreen. (I connected a docking station via thunderbolt and connected the chassis to the docking station.) If you connect the chassis at the first place in the daisy chain, everything works fine. (Laptop -> PXI-Chassis -> DockingStation)

The support gave me some kind of beta driver, which solved the problem finally. Maybe it will be part of the next driver update.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,064 Views)