PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI Autosense Ethernet 8106

I would like to set the Ethernet speed to 10BaseT on the PXI 8106 that I am using. It is communicating through an OLD hub (1998?) and seems not to be able to maintain a connection with the PC through that hub. In MAX, under Advanced Etherenet settings, I have only the Autosensing option, the rest of the pulldown is greyed out.

Is there any way to limit the PXI to 10BaseT. I would try this except that the old hub is VERY expensive (Fiberoptic Multiplexer). My work around is an industrial switcher to interface the PXI chassi to the Old Mux.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,157 Views)

Hi SolarburnDOER,

I see an autonegotiate option but not an autosensing option in MAX under preferred media mode. And nothing is greyed for me under this mode.

Can you post a screen of what you saying?

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,130 Views)

Here is a screen shot. As you can see I only have the autonegotiate setting avaliable. I called it the autosensing option in my first post, hope that did not cause too much confusion.

Kevan -  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,116 Views)

Hi Kevan,

Here is a screen of my PXI-8106 with all the options. Can you see if you get the same issue if you connect the PXI directly to a Host?

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,107 Views)

I plugged in directly with a crossover cable. I had the same image as i posted above.

I am currently running labview 8.2 (Aug.2006) except when we got the PXI chassi, I had to upgrade to the drivers that came with the PXI (April 2007). Not sure if that helps at all.

I attached an image of the software installed on the PXI.

Kevan -  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,089 Views)

Hi Kevan,

This is most probably caused due to the difference in the Intel Ethernet Driver.  You will need the Intel 8255x driver. This driver might be available in the Target CD that was shipped to you. If you cannot find the driver on the Target CD, post back with your version of the Target CD.

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,068 Views)

It looks like I have version 2.1 of the Target Software for the PXI. I was able to install the Intel 8255x 10/100Mbps Ethernet Driver, however, my version number was 2.1.0.3.0. I did not get the option to set the rate down. I have attempted to run with my old drivers and that did not seem to work.

Kevan -
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,043 Views)

Hi Kevan,

I need to do some testing at my end and the get back to you. I appreciate your patience on this.

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,014 Views)

Hi Kevan,

I just tested out the PXI 8106 with older versions of ethernet drivers and I am still able to see all the options in MAX (check attachment).

The good news is that now we know its not the ethernet driver that is the problem. 

Can you try reformatting your controller to see if that helps?

Thanks!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,973 Views)