From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI: Analog input measurement +-20 mA

Dear Community, 

I'm configuring a PXI using the advisor but right now I habe with a missing module. In my current project I have multiple sensors which I want to measure. Most of these sensor have a 4...20 mA feedback signal. The total number of sensors is around 35. Is there a module for the PXI with multiple current input chanels +- 20 mA?
The other option would be to use 5 of available PXI-6238 multifunction modules. 

Thanks for your support. 

Best,
Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,141 Views)

As far as I see, the current input modules are C-series and none on PXI.

Only good high-density options are from this catalogue - https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/hardware/products/pxi-analog-input-module.html

santo_13_0-1642176590190.png

PXI-4302 seems to be a good option with 32-ch 

Of course, you can go with PXI-6238, that would definitely work given you already have them.

Do you've any accuracy/resolution target and also sampling rate?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,111 Views)

Hi Santo, 

thank you for your recommendation regarding the PXIe-4302. I would prefer the PXIe-4303 modul due to the higher sampling rate (NI PXIe-4302/4303 User Manual - National Instruments). To measure the current I need the additional TB-4302C terminal block. What ist the external bias resistor  for (page 13 in the manual)? Ist there any recommendation ? Am i correct that it is possible to configure up to 4 different sampling times (page 26 in the manual)? E.g. ai0:7 = High Speed simultaneous measurement and ai8:15, ai16:23, and ai24:31 with low speed timing?

Steve_21_0-1642403596808.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,097 Views)