From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8513 not showing up in MAX

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI PXIe-1071 chassis, with a PXie-8100 Embedded Controller, PXI-6229 DAQ and PXI 8513 CAN/XS.

Today i tried to receive some CAN messages using the XNET Read.vi and the XNET Create Session.vi but when i wanted to specify an interface, it couldn't find any interfaces while the VI is located on the remote system and the PXI card was showing up in MAX. I checked my drivers, and noticed i was running NI-XNET 1.4, so i decided to update to 1.5, hoping this would solve the problem, which it didn't.

When i open MAX after the update, it detects the chassis, but it no longer detects the PXI8513 card... It used to show up under a seperate XNET Devices tab, but now it's gone. When i open the "Slot View" tab from the chassis, it tells me slot 3 is Unknown/Emty, although it houses the XNET card.

The software running on the Remote System is the "NI XNET 1.1.1", could this be the problem, and if so, how should I update this?

Message 1 of 2
(4,310 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pieter_F

After some thinking and reading this throubleshooting guide (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5403) i figured out i didnt update the drivers on the remote target.

After i updated the drivers throught the software tab from 1.1.1 to 1.5 everything works fine now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,294 Views)