PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8512 software compatibility issues

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PXI-8512 high speed CAN module in my system. My PXI controller has a realtime OS. I am having some problems and have been trying to identify the problem. 

My question:

Is there any known compaitbility issues with the PXI-8512 using the NI-CAN 2.7.4 software installed on a realtime system?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,501 Views)

Hi DPearce,

The PXI-8512 CAN card uses the NI-XNET driver, not the NI-CAN driver. The latest version of the NI-XNET driver can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-xnet-1.8/4166/en/

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,490 Views)

Thanks for reminding me about the NI-XNET. I had forget that tidbit of information. I have NI-XNET 1.7.0. I was asking about the compatibility because I had some odd problems before and found out in the end it was a compatibility issue; I think it had to do with the NI-DAQmx software that time. It was real difficult to figure out on my own and I eventually got help from NI Support who knew about it. I don't think I could have found the problem on my own; much of it is a black box to me.

I am about to get the NI-Support folks involved in this issue too but thought I would run down as amny paths as I could before I made the call.

thanks,

Don

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,487 Views)

Hi Don,

What sort of problems have you been encountering with your PXI CAN card?

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by DPearce

It was a problem with my code. I was posting my CAN messages to a Queue and it was sometimes taking a long time for the CAN message to be actually set. Never figured out why the LAbWindows/CVI 2012 worked better than the 2013 but found a work around so my problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,453 Views)