PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8145RT not seeing NI-RIO cards

Hello,

I have a PXI-8145RT controller running labview RT 2010. I'm trying to run a PXI-7811R fpga card with it, but the card does not show up in max. This card works in other PXI crates, and I can see, for instance, NI-DAQmx cards from the 8145RT controller, but not the 7811R. I'm suspicious that this has something to do with problems with installing the NI-RIO drivers. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing, but have had no success. Is there some way to format this controller and install a fresh copy of the OS and drivers? (there still seem to be vestiges from running the controller with labview 8.6).

Kind regards,

Will

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,944 Views)

Hi Will,

Thank you for your post. It may be a good idea to check the versions of the software you are currently using on both the host and the PXI. This can be done through MAX>> File>> Create Report>> Tech Support Report and follow through the defaults. You can do this for both My System and for the PXI system as one of the option when creating the report - please feel free to post these with your reply.

In order to re-install the LabVIEW RT system, you can do this through MAX again with the Add/Remove Software option (right click on the PXI target>> Software). The Disk can also be formatted in a card reader to FAT system.

Hope this helps. 

Liam A.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,933 Views)