cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-8105 controller not booting

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to bring an old PXI-8105 controller of unknown health status to life...

When powering up, the PWR OK shines steadily green and (one of) the LEDs on the LAN connector blinks once and that is it. There is no signal to the screen and no HDD activity. Having keyboard and mouse installed or not makes no difference.

The chassis is an old Tracewell design using the very same backplane board as the PXI-1000B. A PXI-8175 controller boots fine in this chassis. Unfortunately, I have no second chassis to try.

This is a long shot, but the Tracewell chassis only has a rather crude power switch, turning the main power on or off. The old PXI-8175 does not do ASIC type power on/off and is happy with the crude power switching. Does the PXI-8105 require any ASIC-power signal or similar to start properly? If so, could someone provide a bit more details how it is implemented?

Any other ideas what might be cause the PXI-8105 not to start?

Thanks in advance!

Jonas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(903 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Strand_17

Replying to my own post...

The booting problem has been resolved. It was simply the backup battery which needed replacement. With a new battery and a CMOS reset the 8105 now boots properly.

Best regards,

Jonas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(860 Views)