From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 6682 Create CLock Route to CLK OUT

Hello All,

I am utilizing GPS as my timing reference on PXI-6682, I am attempting to Create Clock(unless there is a more transparent way to do this?) to generate a 1PPS synced with GPS and route it out the CLK OUT Front Panel connector on the PXI-6682.  

I have done the same sort of thing in the past with the PXI-6682 and routed the 1pps to the back plane.  WHere I am confused is I don't see the CLK OUT as an option for routing when I browse perhaps the name is different?

thanks
John S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,153 Views)

Hi.

There are only 2 things that you can route to the ClkOut terminal in the PXI-6682: the 10MHz TCXO clock, or the 10MHz PXI_CLK10.  There is a nice block diagram of the routing capabilities of the board on page 3-2 of the user manual.

If you want to output some other clock, such as the 1PPS clock you are generating, you need to route it to a PFI terminal.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

AlejandroZ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,150 Views)

Yeah that is what I thought I didn't want to use the PFI due to I was using 2 of 3 for timestamping events and if I use the third one it will need to be the combo IRIB/PFI0 but that is fine because we are using GPS as the timing refeerence not IRIG.

thanks,
JS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,148 Views)