PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6608: Date of the last calibration

Hello colleaguos!

I can't find the date of last calibration in the NI MAX. But on the other device that information exist. Where can I find that ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,715 Views)

Any chance you could post a screenshot of what you are looking at or what you are expecting to see?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,683 Views)

this is it

pxi6608scrshot.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,676 Views)

The only thing I can think is that maybe DAQmx isn't able to read the date on this device due it needing to be calibrated using NI-DAQ.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466Y-01/mxdevconsid/pxi6608cal/

Since it can only be calibrated using legacy software, it seems plausible that whatever legacy interfaces that are required to calibrate the 6608 don't exist in DAQmx, including the ability to read calibration dates. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,669 Views)

I  don't understand , what difference between DAQmx and  NI-DAQ ?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,660 Views)

"Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) is a legacy hardware driver compatible with legacy data acquisition products.  Some products supported in Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) are also supported by NI-DAQmx."

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/6909/en/

My thinking goes: the fact that NI-DAQ is needed to calibrate your 6608 implies limited functionality when using DAQmx. It seems plausible that the ability to interact with the calibration part of your hardware didn't make it into DAQmx for whatever reason. This might explain why you aren't able to read the date of the last calibration in DAQmx.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,654 Views)

How the hardware driver such as the NI-DAQmx can influence on the ability to calibration ?

In this case, what I can do ? To leave all without change ?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,634 Views)

The 6608 can be used with both DAQmx and Legacy DAQ driver, but it can only be calibrated with the Legacy DAQ driver. Do you have both Legacy DAQ and DAQmx drivers installed on your computer?

Adena L.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,621 Views)