PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6225 and PXI-6723 Boot UP Failures

These 2 separate cards have experienced the same issues months apart and never in systems together.

When put into system these cards will either prevent system from booting at all or will cause the systems to display a fatal error at some point.  The 6723 will occasionally work if it is the only card in the frame but with friends joining him he gets temperamental and will not work.  This card was flagged by user with this issue and verified in Metrology.

The 6625 in my older system will not allow the system to boot at all. On my newer system it will sometimes get booted but not for long and experience a fatal error.

Both cards are at NI and they are stating that No problem could be found.  Anyone ever had this problem and what was the solution?  

Backround: I support 4000+ NI cards and these are the only ones I have seen with these symptoms.  I have twoseparate test systems running CalExec, 3.6 on one and 4.0 on the other.

Thanks

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,412 Views)

Sounds like a tough one...

I can only think on general recommendations, does this happens also with different chassis? Other slots? Have they worked well for a long period of time before? 

When RMA says "No trouble found" it means that it passed the tests the technicians do to the cards, you could ask which tests they did and ask what chassis, slot, etc configuration they used and try to see something different in yours. I would also ask them to run the test for the amount of time or procedures that you usually encounter problems.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,383 Views)

Both cards have been in inventory and used for a couple of years.  Units have been in different Slots, Frames and Systems(Buildings too).  Neither card will allow the system to run long enough to do any testing so guess we will be trashing them as no insight seems to be found.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,380 Views)

I experience boot-up failures with PXI-6225 as well. I have 2 cards in a PXI-1033 chassis. Already installed NI-DAQmx and NI-VISA. Start communication with an empty chassis, then insert one card at a time (reboot after each). The moment I try to boot with both cards, the system hangs up. Any ideas? I did try to swap cards, but does not look to be an issue with any of them. This is a new system and I cannot make it run...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,136 Views)

No resolution from NI was ever found.  We scrapped both cards in the end.  They seemed to just think I was crazy I think....

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,134 Views)