PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6115 reads 0 V with all inputs on Ch 1, 2 and 3 during calibration

I have a PXI-6115 I'm trying to calibrate using CalExec. Channel 0 reads good with inputs but channels 1, 2 and 3 read 0V with all inputs (outputs are good). Sent unit to NI for repair and an engineering update was applied (Digital Logic) (MIO). Upon return from NI, I still had the same problem. I created NI-DAQmx task and found unit read the same with initial settings. Changed input coupling on all channels to DC instead of AC and all channels read in tolerance when using TBX-68 connector (direct ch input).  I was able to finally calibrate this unit using the TBX-68 connector instead of the E series Calibration Fixture.  Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there an update to CalExec for this? I am using the latest version available of CalExec.  I am not a programmer, just a technician using the CalExec program. 🙂  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,998 Views)

Hi Patricia,

I’m going to help you with you issue. Can you post the serial # of your card? I would use it to find out what was done to the card when it was sent for repair.

I have some question that would help me better understand your problem:

1-) I created NI-DAQmx task and found unit read the same with initial settings.
Is it the same PXI-6115 or a different unit.

2-) I was able to finally calibrate this unit using the TBX-68 connector instead of the E series Calibration Fixture. Are your referring to your original PXI-6115 or to the new unit? If so, it seems that you were trying to calibrate a S series with the wrong fixture. The E fixture is not going to work with an S series and the reason for these behavior is that an E series has multiple channel, a multiplexer and one ADC and there is no need to calibrate ch0, ch1……, but with the PXI-6115 each channel has an ADC in this case the E fixture is not going to work.  This knowledge base might give you more information: How Do I Use the Calibration Hardware Adapter (Fixture) for E, M & S Series Devices to Calibrate My ...

Jaime Hoffiz
National Instruments
Product Expert
Message 2 of 2
(2,984 Views)