PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 5600 not running self test

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I have NI PXI 5600 on PXI 1045 chasis along with PXI-5620,PXI-5610,PXI-5421,PXI-4461(from left to right in the pic).. Apparently I have installed all the drivers correctly and made the connections...Screen shots of my connections and MAX windows are attached. I dont get where the problem is.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,916 Views)

Hello Sabe,

In most instances, when a device fails self-test, it's usually an indicator that needs to be repaired. With that said, can you provide insight on whether or not the device worked previously whether it be the same or different system? I noticed you have a PXI-5600/PXI-5620  making a PXI-5660 VSA. Have you installed the ni5660 driver. Can you provide a MAX technical report?

Have you attempted a device reset. Per the the following KB, the device could have been previously associated with another digitizer in which a device reset could resolve your issue.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,897 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sabe

I have reset the device but it doesnt work. think I have figured out the problem.It seems that the problem is not in PXI-5600 . The problem is with PXI-5620 because

1)Pxi-5600 showing "working properly" in VISA properties.   pic #1

2)PXI-5620 does not have self test available due to its incompatibility.   pic#2

3)In PXI-5600 propertries it cant be linked to 5620.   pic #3

Now a similar solution is given here  http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABBB55946EB39A02862571FD0052024C

my question now is that HAVE I IDENTIFIED THE PROBLEM CORRECTLY  should I ignore the "self test failure of PXI-5600" and try to link that in labview the way it is mentioned in the solution in the above link  and will my PXI-5660 VNA work fine with that..Or is there a way to fix this incompatibility of PXI 5620 with DAQ-mx...

Thanks for your time..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,889 Views)

Hi Sabe,

You are correct, the PXI-5620 IF Digitizer is a Traditional DAQ device and would not run off the DAQmx driver. One way to ensure basic functionality of the device would be to run the 5660 demo panel exe that gets in installed and can be found in the under Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-RFSA.

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,870 Views)