PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5406: unable to generate 10 mV p-p sine wave with 1.5 V dc offset

I'm using the PXI-5406 and FGEN Soft Front Panel to output a low amplitude sine wave. It works fine when I have the amplitude set to 10 mV and the DC offset set to 1V but when I increase the dc offset (I want it to be set to 1.5V) the FGEN front panel reports an error and stops outputting the wave. It starts working when I have the DC offset set to 1.5V and the amplitude increased to 50 mV. Any ideas on how to output a sine wave with 10mV amplitude (p-p) and 1.5V dc offset with the PXI-5406?

Thanks,

Rachel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,098 Views)

Hi Rachel.

What error does the soft front panel report when you try to set amplitude to 10 mV and offset to 1.5V? Also are you doing this at a set frequency?

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,033 Views)

I also wanted to mention that while using the FGEN Soft Front Panel, some of the settings are coerced to set values (particularly Digital Gain). Is it possible for you to use the driver API through LabVIEW or another program? This would allow greater control and a potential workaround.(set Gain to a value less than one (0.25) and the Amplitude to a value to 40mV).

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,022 Views)