PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-5105 Triggering with an external source on channel PFI1

HI, I am trying to trigger my acquisition from a function generator into the PFI1 channel on the PXI-5105 in LabVIEW. I am configuring the trigger using the niScope Configure Trigger Edge.vi and choosing "External TRIG" as the channel.  In my code I receive an error at the niScope Actual Num Wfms.vi. The error displays "Source terminal could not be found on the device" if I choose Digital Edge on the configure trigger vi and displays "Invalid value for parameter or property. Property: Trigger Source Invalid Value: TRIG" if I choose Analog edge on the configure trigger vi.  I am able to trigger on any of the 8 RTSI channels without problem but I was hoping there was a way to trigger on the PFI1 channel.

Do I need to configure the PFI1 channel before using the configure trigger vi? If so, how do I configure the PFI1 channel?

OR

Is there a better way to configure the trigger besides using the configure trigger vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,029 Views)

Hi,

You should be able to use the PFI line to trigger with the 5105 by specifying PFI 1 on the input to the scope trigger VI.  Note that the available trigger channels does not update when you change the trigger type.  For example, if you create a constant/control on the trigger terminal input and then change the trigger type to digital from analog you will need to recreate the control/constant to get the updated list of available channels.  

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,010 Views)