PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4462 problem...

Hi All!

I have PXI-1036 DC with 8101RT+6653+6682+4462.

It seems thereis a problem with PXI-4462 driver:

I format disk and install fresh system software (step by step). When I install DAQmx 9.7 with DSA, after reboot I see message after "Welcome to LabVIEW Real-Time 12.0f4" :

ing the driver might fix the issue. Ohterwise, contact National Instruments technical support."

PXI-4462 appears in MAX with some duplicated device (Dup.jpg). When I call Test Panel, I see error (see TestPanel_Error). After "Yes" and press "Start" I see error as on TestPanel_Opened.jpg.

What's happened?

Jury

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,640 Views)

In addition... SelfTest give the next error...

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,639 Views)

Hi Jury,

Have you tried to Reset the device in MAX?  I assume you've already tried rebooting the system, right?  What about moving the device to a different PXI slot?  Or even a different PXI system, if available?

If none of those steps work, try deleting the device from the Windows Device Manager, and allow the operating system to redetect it and install a fresh version of device drivers.

See this article, for reference.  If none of these steps yield any change in behavior, it may be necessary to send the hardware in for repair.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,592 Views)

Hi!

I try:

1. Move 4462 from slot4 to slot 5.

2. Formating drive on the 8101 and install fresh RT system

The problem not resolved.

I has another similar PXI system: PXI-1036DC+8101RT+6653+6682+4462+6143. The PXI-4462 board (in slot 4) from this system works fine in MAX. I insert malfunction PXI-4462 board in slot6 and obtain the same errors. I.e. one PXI-4462 board in slot 4 work fine and another PXI-4462 in slot6 board have an errors.

This errors occures, when I develop software for 6653 and 6682 boards (for time disciplining PXI_CLK10) and several times switch power Off/On on the 1036 chassis. All input 4462 board was disconnected. If the 4462 board have its own firmware - may be this firmware damaged at power Off/On? Is it possible to update the board firmware?

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,588 Views)

When the device ADCs get stuck in the cal cycle, they will typically reset upon restart.  Since that isn't happening, we can try reinitializing the drivers (which may have some effect on the firmware and hopefully the boot sequence of the device) by performing step 4 in the article I linked previously.

If that doesn't work, you will need to send your module in for repair.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,576 Views)

Hi!

Step 4, as I understand, actual for windows-based system. On my PXI system setting up 8101RT controller with Real Time system. And I fully delete and reinstall this RT system several times. Is it worth to set up Windows on the PXI controller?

Jury

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,569 Views)

Sorry, Jury.  You're right -- I didn't even think about the fact that it's an RT system.  Setting up Windows on the controller can be somewhat of an undertaking, and it's not a sure solution to the issue.  Unfortunately, I think your best option is going to be sending this module in for repair.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,530 Views)

Is your O/S for Win7?

NI-DAQ is not support Win7.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,438 Views)