From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-4110 Read current configuration

Hi,

Is is possible to query the I & V set points from the 4110 3-channel modular power supply?

Thanks,

Brent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,370 Views)

Indeed there is. I'm assuming you're using LabVIEW. You just need to get the NI-DCPower property node and choose your destiny as pictured below.

Query IV setpoints.jpg

To query Current level, you would choose "DC Current" instead of "DC Voltage". You can query anything that you can program, plus a few more things that don't show up in the palette VIs.

I hope that helps!

Mark E.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 2 of 4
(3,369 Views)

Thanks Mark!

Mia culpa - I didn't indicate my environment.

I am in CVI & .NET. 

I see functions for querying limits, but not set points.

Brent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,365 Views)

I shall publically admit my weakness for text-based programming. However, I believe that you're not finding what you're looking for because functions are analogous to VIs and attributes are analogous to properties. So in your case, try using the attribute "NIDCPOWER_ATTR_VOLTAGE_LEVEL" OR "NIDCPOWER_ATTR_CURRENT_LEVEL".

Attributes for CVI.jpg

I'm crossing my fingers. Let everyone know how that works out for you, and if you need more help I'll try to get it. Smiley Happy

Mark E.
Precision DC Product Support Engineer
National Instruments

Message 4 of 4
(3,361 Views)