cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 2515 Bus to Dut Connection

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a connection from an SMU through the PXI 2515 to an IC pin to do a continuity test (protection diodes), I've already confirmed their presence on benchtop equipment.

I'm using the "niSwitch Making Connections on a Switch" VI which I modified; everything seems to work just fine when making a connection from busa or busb to dutctrl5, dutctrl4, dutctrl1, and dut31 through dut26. Please refer to the following diagram: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472A-01/switch/2515_independent/#MakingAConnection

However, if I try to make a connection to any other dut#, it seems as if the switch is not closing.

From the diagram, I'm assuming that channel 1 on the "niSwitch Connect Channels" VI should be "busaiso0" and channel 2 should be "dut25" to make a connection; I get no errors but I can tell that the switch is not closing, because I reach the compliance limit that I have defined.

Are you supposed to somehow close the switch between "busa" and "busaiso0"? Do I need to include "niSwitch Controlling an Individual Relay" VI somewhere do do that?. Thanks for any suggestions/or help.

Juan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,390 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author juolvera

Hi Juan,

When I tried to make a connection from busa to dut25 I did get an error that that path does not exist.  Based on the Hardware Diagram we actually have to make separate connections between the busa and the other buses on the PXI 2515.  If you make the busa -> busaiso0 connection at the same time you make the busaiso0 -> dut25 connections then busa should be connected to dut25 without error.  

The same strategy can be used to go further up the bus.  For example, to connect busa to dut0 you would have to make the following connections:

• busa -> busaiso0; 
  • busaiso0 -> busaiso1; 
  • busaiso1 -> busaiso2; 
  • busaiso2 -> dut0;

I hope this is helpful!

Andy K.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,378 Views)

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that, that actually makes a whole lot of sense. I tried it on the NI-Switch Soft Front Panel and it seems to work now. Thanks again.

Juan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,373 Views)