From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 1044

Solved!
Go to solution

I am currently working with the NI PXI 1044 chassis. Every time I power up I am encountering a solid red light and the fans stay in high mode.  I have looked through the manual and all it speaks to is a blinking red light. I am wondering if this can be fixed with a simple swap of a new part and not an entire module swap.

Thank you,

TeddyEE

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,053 Views)

Hi TeddyEE,

The steady red LED indicator represent a malfucntion on the exhaust fans, however it is not documented on the manuals because some times the fan malfunction does not trigger the LED indicator to be steady red, which is why it is not a reliable way to determine the fan malfuncitons.

Have you checked the functionallity of the exhaust fans, this can be done by switching the mode of the fan from "Auto" to "High" on the back of the chassis. If one or both the fans are malfunctioning you may have to send the chassis to repair.

Hope you could find this information helpful!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,035 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TeddyEE

s.jimenez,

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually figured out the issue. Apperantly the fans were changed earlier due to a sqwaky fanand replaced with a non compatable type. It turns out that the fans that were in it, were a three wire (pos, neg, and rotor lock sensor). The fans that should have been installed should have been a three wire (pos, neg tacho sensor).

Your response was spot on. Thank you for your help.

TeddyEE

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,028 Views)