PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-1044 Causing PC Failure

Hello everyone,

Problem;

I am experiencing an issue with one of my PXI-1044 chassis. Upon startup with this the PXI chassis on, when trying to boot the computer the computer fails to start but instead sends out a series of beeps indicating the BIOS battery or motherboard is be bad.

Configuration;

My current configuration consists of a PC running window 10 connected to the PXI-1044 chassis via a MIXI-4 controller.

Troubleshooting;

After disconnecting the MIXI-4 connection at the PXI chassis the PC works as expected, other then something changing the boot manager configuration. I started troubleshooting by first moving the MIXI to a different PCI slot in the computer but still no change. I then used one of my spare MIXI-4 PXI cards in the chassis but still had the same issue. I have also changed the computers Link State Power Management setting to off with still no change. I connected the PC with the same MIXI-4 PCI card to a spare PXI-1044 chassis and the issue was resolved. This troubleshooting leads me to believe that the chassis itself is having an issue.

Question;

Has anyone experienced this sort of problem before and if so what was the resolution?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,912 Views)