From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-1042Q/8106 power on

Dear sir,

We have a PXI-1042 chassis, with 8106 controller, 6 PXI-6542 and 1 PXI-5105.
First of all, I have installed the Operative System (Windows XP) and LabVIEW software.
So, I have installed NI-Scope and then the PXI-5105 board.
After that, I tried to verify that the board was working fine.
So I reapeted the same process to install the PXI-6542.
After that, using my CB-2162 and MAX, I verified the PXI-6542 as Digital Output board. All seemed ok, but when I setted the voltage output to 5V, the voltage measured was 3.3V.

The day after (today), I have powered on the system. Some minutes later I have suspended the activity for about 1 hour.
Then the system didn't work: the fans were ok, but the display didn't receive any signal and the power switch led was flashing red.
So I measured Monitor Connector Pins voltage: the pin 2 was at 2,9 V instead of 5V.

Now, I have removed the PXI-6542. The power switch led is steady green, but the system still not work.

What is the problem?

Can someone help me?

Thank you.

Alessandro
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,345 Views)

If the LED in the 1042 chassis' power switch was flashing red, that means one or more of the voltages was out-of-range.

There is also a LED on the face of the PXI controller called PWR OK.  It will be green if the controller is getting good power.

It sounds like something may have been damaged and you should call in for support on this.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,328 Views)