From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-1042 Chasis with PXI-8331 Interface MAX trouble.

Hi Everyone... I having trobule to set up my PXI system.. this is my Config..

Chasis NI PXI-1042

Slots

1 - NI PXI-8331 MXI-4 Copper Cable to PCI(PC)

2 - NI PXI-5610 RF Upconverter

4 - NI PXI-5421 

5 - NI PXI-5600 RF Downconverter

8 - NI PXI- 5620

The problem is that MAX says "The MXI-4 connection to this chassis timed out." I`ve done everything, fresh install, changed slot of PCI, powering first PXI then PC, I`ve checked the cable with a multimeter and its working.. but nothing helped.  

An also just the 8331 PWR LED is on.

This was very wierd becuased it was already working but suddenly it stoped working...

Am I missing a some kind of driver of the PXI-cards or what...

TNX in Advance guys...

Luis 

PXI.JPG

PXI1.JPG

PXI2.JPG 

PXI3.JPG 

P.S. - If you need any other image, I´ll gladly provied it.. Tnx Again.. xD 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,416 Views)
Help Anyone..... =/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,385 Views)

Have you recently moved the system or changed the configuration?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you've got a hardware problem with either the cable or one/both of the MXI-4 boards.  If the LNK LED isn't on then the boards aren't communicating electrically.  If both boards' PWR LEDs are on then power is good, so there's no reason the boards shouldn't link.  It's not a software problem, and it's highly unlikely that it's the PC, chassis, or any module in the chassis.  I guess if you had the PXI-8331 in the wrong slot it would do something like this, but otherwise it sounds like you'll need to repair/replace the kit.

- Robert 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,376 Views)
Tnx Robert... I was hoping that it wasn´t hardware problem, I will call NI for support.. for making a repairment or change it... 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,358 Views)

Hi Luis,

Did u fix the issue.

Can you provide me some inputs plz.

Im also having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,377 Views)

Hello Rkanna,

This is a very old forum post, so I recommend you open up a new topic so that you can get a better reply. From what I see in this post, Luis had to send his PCI o MXI module for repairs. You can go ahead and contact NI Support so they can assist you with troubleshooting and creating a repair order.

Fernando Becerra | Field Applications Engineer | National Instruments | CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,373 Views)