PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI 1031

Hi,

does anyone know if the PXI-1031 is compatible with DAQmx 10.0. I have a computer with labview 10.0 and I am trying to connect to the PXI 1031, I can see the PXI through the measurement and automation setup, but I can not see the DAQ boards that I have connected to the PXI.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,572 Views)

Hi,

The latest version of DAQmx is 9.4. To check the version of DAQmx installed on your computer:

1. Open Measurements & Automation Explorer (MAX) and expand the Software tab.

2. Look for NI-DAQmx Device Driver x.x

PXI 1031 is a chassis. Since it is just an extension of your computer' PCI bus. It is supported by all the versions of DAQmx. What you have to check is whether or not your version of DAQmx supports the modules that you plug into the chassis. You can find this information in the DAQmx installer readme.html file under "Supported Devices".

Sev K.
Senior Systems R&D Engineer | Wireless | CLA
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,552 Views)

Thank you for your response, yes I worked out that the 1031 is the Chasis and my controller is actually a 8196. The problem I discovered is that the host computer has an issue and even with Labview being re-installed it still has issues. So we ended up installing the the software onto the PXI from a different computer. We also just realised that the the DAQ board needs to be sent back to NI to be re-callibrated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,527 Views)