From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-1006 Chassis Problem

I have a PXI-1006(With 7 cards in it) system connected to a Dell Precision 330 (Windows 2000) computer. My problem is it takes almost 5 minutes to boot this computer up. If I take the MXI-3 interface card out and try to boot it, it will boot up in less than a minute. Tried changing the MXI-3 card in the PC and PXI chassis but still faces the same problem. I dont know if it is related to this issue, but I do see my DAQ slows down everynow and then. I have few other systems around with same configurations and everything seems to be working fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,317 Views)
Hello,
I have a few questions for you.
1. Are you just noticing this issue? Was it working faster before?
2. The other systems are they the same desktop model (Dell 330)?
3. Have you tried the MXI-3 kit on another system that does not have a 5 min boot up?

I would try upgrading the BIOS if an earlier one exists.
Let us know how this goes.
Christian A
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,308 Views)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. This computer and chassis was running for long time. I just changed it over to another program with additional channels. Other systems I have running fine with W2000/Labview 6.1/Dell 330. I tried this MXI Kit on another computer and it boots up normally. I even tried another set of MXI-3 which was working fine with another computer. Do you think I should try another computer?

THanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,292 Views)
Hello,
I am a little confused by your reply.

So this system use to run just fine?
You have tried another MXI-3 kit on your dell 330 and it works fine?
You have tried the MXI-3 kit in question on another dell 330 and did that work fine?

Could you make sure all cable are correctly plugged in and there are no loose pins?
Let us know how this goes.

Christian A
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,281 Views)