From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMC to PXI Adapterboard

Hi

in need to use a FPGA on a PMC board in a PXI-Chassis. Before the FPGA-board runned with a Adapter like the following

http://www.innovative-dsp.com/support/datasheets/dl.php?file=pmc_to_pci_adapter_board.pdf

on  PCI. Important is the socket on the left which is used for some signals. 

But now i cant find a PMC to PXI Adapter. Do you know where i can find any PMC-toPXI-Board?

Thank you for your helps!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,101 Views)

I don't think it's very likely that there is a PMC to PXI adapter board available. The main reason for that are the PXI specs are much stricter than the PCI specs in terms of cooling and general industrial ruggedness. I don't think, that an adapter board could meet these specs, especially as no one can tell, what type of daughter board gets piggy packed on it. So I think market chances for such a product are quite low.

Maybe I'm wrong, but these are my two cents about that topic and maybe other members of this forum have other opinions and/or information.

Just as a sidenote:

Are you aware of NI's FPGA based solutions like LabVIEW FPGA and the R-Series PXI boards? In terms of functionality this could be an alternative solution for you, especially as it's possible to integrate existing FPGA-IP cores (HDL) on these devices. Additionally these boards come with a ready-to-use I/O integration. As I don't know your application and other circumstances, I don't know, if this is a suitable suggestion for you, but maybe it's worth some considerations.

Kind regards,

Jochen Klier

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,072 Views)