PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe-8398 compatibility with motherboard

Hi people. 
I have a motheboard with one PXI-E x16 Gen 3 slot.

But I didn't find any information about compatiblity of this device with motherboards. 😞
I know about NI Compatibility Software. But it requires to have a physical board. 
My goal is to be 100% sure that selected device for PXI Remote Control will be compatible with my motheboard. 😊
A there list of compatible motherboards and BIOS versions for PCIe-8398?
My motherboard is ASUS PRIME H510-M-K;

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,024 Views)

@alex_whiteknife wrote:

Hi people. 
I have a motheboard with one PXI-E x16 Gen 3 slot.

But I didn't find any information about compatiblity of this device with motherboards. 😞
I know about NI Compatibility Software. But it requires to have a physical board. 
My goal is to be 100% sure that selected device for PXI Remote Control will be compatible with my motheboard. 😊
A there list of compatible motherboards and BIOS versions for PCIe-8398?
My motherboard is ASUS PRIME H510-M-K;

Unfortunately, No. There are literally thousands of motherboard models across a few hundred different manufacturers, NI could not practically buy and test every single one (btw there might be a new motherboard introduced every day somewhere in the world).'

As a side note, BIOS is developed specifically for a motherboard(s) and chipset(s) combination, hence it is not universally comparable with just version (like a tailored shirt)

All that you can verify is whether the motherboard has the PCIe slot required by PCIe-8398.

An easy option to avoid all these uncertainties is to get a PXIe embedded controller (this is for sure 100% tested by NI and compatible with the chassis).

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,004 Views)